Monday, November 17, 2008

Told You So

So, remember in my first blog, I said I was really bad at keeping up with blogs, well the last 3 months are your proof of that. Every once in a while I think about posting, but I think, it's been so long and I really don't have anything that fantastic to write about, so why even post? But then I read other's blogs and I think, I'd like to blog, why not? So over the last 3 months Matt & I have celebrated our 3rd anniversary, gone to Seattle to celebrate in Mike & Nikki MacKinnon's wedding and then gone back to life as usual. This fall we visited Eric & Kathleen for a weekend and visited my brother for a weekend, all fun events. Otherwise, life is normal.

I've had some particularly challenging patients this fall and I definitely feel like God is hand picking some of these patients for me to be a part of their lives. I definitely feel that the hospital is my ministry field, sometimes it is rewarding, sometimes it is challenging, but for now it is always where I feel God wants me to be. In many ways these patients are a big part of my day to day life, my day to day adventures. Unfortunately, it is quite the Hippa violation to talk about it in much detail here, so that's about all I can say.

In other thoughts, have I told you lately how amazing my husband is? I don't have any large, sweeping romantic thing that he's done lately to attest to this, it's just the culmination of every day in which he is who he is. Matt is always respectful and caring. I feel like we both make an effort each day to take care of each other, to go out of our way to meet each other's needs. Okay, enough mush, I just think it's good to appreciate each other every now and then.

No comments: