Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Fever

I've got it, the flush of the face, the increase in t.v. time despite beautiful weather outside, the late nights despite work the next day ... a classic case of olympic fever. Now of course I do not have the time to watch all olympic events, but I am loving what I can get. In general, I don't watch sports. Of course I get sucked into basketball with Matt every March, but other than that it just doesn't hold my attention. But for some reason, I love the olympics. There is such an energy! As Matt and I watched the men's 400 relay last night we were actually cheering, loudly, and jumping up & down in our little bedroom in Peoria.  It is definitely fun getting swept up. I also mentioned the olympics with almost every patient I treated today - good conversation topic. I also caught myself trying to sneak a peek at their t.v.'s while we were working. Not fair, they get to sit in the hospital all day and watch the olympics ... just kidding, I would never actually wish to be in the hospital. But... if I had to be, olympic time is not a bad time to do it. 
Tomorrow after work we leave for Seattle for a mini-vaca/mostly Nikki's wedding activities. I'm really looking forward to our time there, but I'm not sure how much olympics we'll get to catch :(

No comments: